October 22, 2008

My mother always said “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Sometimes that kind of politeness is a disservice to the voters. In a legislative district as large as the 7th, there are several different media markets, and it takes a long time for news to spread from one valley to another. The Spokesman-Review has been closely following all of the legislative races in eastern Washington and exercising their journalistic responsibility to dig past the candidates’ websites to check out the facts. Here is link to today’s Spokesman-Review article on the 7th District (article). I was surprised to learn how clearly my opponent does NOT have experience we can trust. It is difficult for her to run on a platform of transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility when her personal finances are in such a shambles and her first reaction is to duck responsibility when questioned.

I have no skeletons in my closet, I have solid backup at home from my business partners and my husband, and will be able to focus on serving the 7th District rather than wrestling personal dragons. I encourage anyone with any questions about my experience or my views on issues to contact me by e-mail or phone. I’ll give you the straight scoop.