November 30, 2007

Just got back tonight from an AgForestry seminar in Seattle, and it took 20 minutes to scrape the snow off the car in the airport parking lot. It always feels a little odd to drive after not touching a steering wheel for almost three days. We had dinner Thursday night in the International District at a restaurant across the street from the old headquarters of DMAT WA-01, the disaster response team I belonged to for 10 years. I saw the sidewalk where I stood with my team mates just before boarding a bus for McChord on a hurricane relief mission and took the oath of office of the US Public Health Service. I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. It may have been 3 am but I meant it when I raised my hand then and it still applies. If we do not defend our constitution then we deserve to lose it.