July 23, 2009 - Cool New Opportunity!

Friends, Washingtonians and Countrymen (and Countrywomen):

Exciting news, and just had to share it with you! I am now officially a citizen journalist. My new blog, “Forthright with Sue Lani Madsen,” has been added to the Seattle P-I on-line news page at http://blog.seattlepi.com/forthright/ .

I comment on current events from my eclectic background and broad range of interests combined with a lifelong love of books and history, and hope to open new insights into who we are and where we are going as a society. Most of all, I hope to spur people to participate in our government of the people, by the people and for the people. Our system of government only works if people show up.

My architecture practice and our ranching operation are both doing well, and continue to make first demands on my time, but my love of writing gives me the energy to also pursue this new opportunity. My old blog at That Got My Goat (loved the name, but the P-I insisted on a one or two word title) will remain on the web for now, but I am not planning to keep it updated. I hope you can drop in and check it out this week, and maybe even bookmark for future visits!