August 8, 2008

It’s getting harder to find time to blog as we accelerate towards the primary election. I’ve doorbelled in all 6 counties in 10 different communities, and have a long ways yet to go. People keep asking me if there are any polls that will give a hint at the outcome. Without the expensive polling of the “big” races, the informal sources of feedback have been from the audiences after candidate forums or standing on somebody’s front porch introducing myself. I’ve heard “I liked your presentation,” or “we see your signs all over,” but the most common and most gratifying comment has been “oh yes, I just got my voter’s pamphlet, I have to sit down and read it.” I predict a new high turnout for the primary this year because of the primary voter’s pamphlet. I’ve also had a few e-mails and phone calls from voters getting ready to fill out their ballots, asking about one hot issue or another, and I’ve answered them all. It’s great that so many voters are doing their research and voting thoughtfully, that’s all any candidate has a right to ask.